Tahir Hussain supports his clients in successfully generating scalable growth, with particular focus on strategy, organization and internationalization as well as the interaction of processes, data and systems. His analytical skills coupled with his hands-on leadership experience allow him to develop systematic solutions with his clients and proactively support them during the implementation.
Where appropriate, he is applying his experience at Amazon when developing sustainable, long-term growth plans suited to the clients’ needs. Over the last ten years with Amazon and Kiveda, Tahir Hussain managed to acquire a diverse knowledge pool in a number of B2C businesses (media, fashion, kitchen, gift certificates). Among others, he successfully built and scaled business models – always focused first and foremost on the customer.
He learnt how to systematically improve and develop internal and external processes, collect and leverage appropriate data and build scalable systems and tools and played a key role in devising and implementing strategies in the areas platform, mobile and omni-channel. In addition, while at Amazon, Tahir Hussain gained valuable experience in the area of internationalisation (country differences, setup of local teams).
During his 10+ years with Bertelsmann’s Book Division, Tahir Hussain experienced first-hand all critical phases of a company setup. In his role as Managing Director of the Korean Book Club, he was the company’s first employee, developed and got approval for the business plan and gradually built up an infrastructure (150 employees - including warehouse, call center, delivery) serving more than 450,000 members.
Vita Tahir Hussain
- since 2017 enable2grow, Consultant
- 2006 - 2015 Amazon.com Director Books (Munich, 2006-2009) Director Softlines (Shanghai, 2009- 2012) Director, Dig. Video (Seattle, 2012-2013) Director, Gift Cards (Seattle, 2013-2015)
- 2005 - 2006 The Boston Consulting Group, Senior Consultant (Munich)
- 1996 - 2004 Bertelsmann (Buch Club Division): Marketing Manager (Shanghai, 1996- 1997) Project Director, Corp. Dev. (New York, 1997) Managing Director, (Seoul, 1998-2004)
- 1991 - 1995 BSc and MSc in Management, London School of Economics