Peter Borchers advises CxOs of blue-chip companies on digital issues and entrepreneurial leadership and is an Affiliate Professor at ESCP Business School (Paris). Until recently, he was the CEO of Allianz Group's new venture unit ‘Allianz X’ ($500mn). Before joining Allianz, Peter founded and headed Deutsche Telekom‘s global incubator ‘hub:raum’ with offices in Berlin, Krakow and Tel-Aviv. Prior to that, he co-founded and managed ‘Telekom Innovations’, an independent yet fully owned Deutsche Telekom innovation outfit, served on the executive board of ‘Telekom Labs’ and has held various other senior management position within the group.
Peter believes in entrepreneurship as a crucial driving force for growth. He co-founded and managed ‘everseven’, a marketplace for freelancers in the media industry. To foster intrapreneurship, Peter also co-founded ’ESCP U-SCHOOL’, an executive management program run by a group of successful entrepreneurs and ESCP Business School. It addresses the need for a more practical education for future entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, combining the academic world with real life in today's tech companies.
As a member of the ‘Young Digital Economy’ Advisory Board at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) he has worked with the German Government on issues of the digital economy. Peter has been named one of the Top 20 digital experts in Germany by Manager Magazin and is a ‘Responsible Leader’ at BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt. In his free time, Peter is a frequent moderator, speaker, panelist and startup jury member as well as an active angel investor and advisor / mentor to several high-tech companies.
Scheme of focus: Corporate startup collaboration, intrapreneurship, incubation/acceleration/venturing, strategy, digital business models, digital transformation, innovation culture, people.
Customer Experience (selection): Deutsche Bahn, Allianz, Deutsche Telekom, Linde, CBRE, GIZ, Stihl, MTU, Bertelsmann arvato.
Vita Peter Borchers
- Since 2020 Affiliate Professor, ESCP Business School
- Since 2019 enable2grow, Senior Enabler
- Since 2017 Independent Senior Advisor, Keynote Speaker (Stihl, Deutsche Bahn, GIZ etc.)
- 2016 - 2018 Allianz, CEO Allianz X, Senior Advisor to the CDO and the Group Board
- 2011 - 2016 Deutsche Telekom – hub:raum Founder and Head
- 2003 - 2011 Deutsche Telekom – Various Positions: Founder & Head of ‘Entrepreneurs Program’ / Member of Executive Board T-Labs, Co-Founder and Executive VP Telekom Innovations GmbH, Senior Manager Corporate Strategy, Bonn
- 2000 - 2002 everseven, Co-Founder, Berlin
- 1997 - 1999 Deutsche Telekom – Multimedia Systemhaus, Product Manager, Berlin
- 1996 - 1997 Mercer, Consultant, Munich
- 1990 - 1995 Business Admin. (WU Vienna / Augsburg)