Peter Borchers advises CxOs of blue chip companies on digital issues. Until recently, he has helped build the Allianz Group's new venture unit ‘Allianz X’ and served as their CEO. Before joining Allianz, Peter founded and headed Deutsche Telekom‘s global incubator ‘hub:raum’ with offices in Berlin, Krakow and Tel-Aviv. Prior to that, he co-founded and managed ‘Telekom Innovations’, an independent yet fully owned Deutsche Telekom innovation outfit, served on the executive board of ‘Telekom Labs’ and has held various other senior management position within the group.
Peter believes in entrepreneurship as a crucial driving force for growth. He co-founded and managed ‘everseven’, a marketplace for freelancers in the media industry. To foster intrapreneurship, Peter also co-founded ’ESCP U-SCHOOL’, an executive management program run by a group of successful entrepreneurs and the ESCP Europe Business School. It addresses the need for a more practical education for future entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, combining the academic world with real life in today's tech companies.
As a member of the ‘Young Digital Economy’ Advisory Board at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) he has worked with the German Government on issues of the digital economy.
Peter is a frequent moderator, speaker, panelist and startup jury member as well as an active angel investor and advisor / mentor to several high-tech companies.
Vita Peter Borchers
- since 2019 enable2grow GmbH, Enabler
- since 2017 Independent Senior Advisor, Keynote Speaker (Stihl, Deutsche Bahn etc.)
- 2016 - 2018 Allianz SE, CEO Allianz X GmbH, Senior Advisor to the CDO
- 2011 - 2016 Deutsche Telekom AG – hub:raum Founder and Head
- 2003 - 2011 Deutsche Telekom AG – Various Positions Among others: Founder & Head of ‘Entrepreneurs Program’ / Member of Executive Board T-Labs, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President Telekom Innovations Gesellschaft mbH, Senior Manager Corporate Strategy, Bonn
- 2000 - 2002 everseven, Co-Founder, Berlin
- 1997 - 1999 Deutsche Telekom AG – Multimedia Systemhaus, Product Manager, Berlin
- 1996 - 1997 Mercer Management Consulting, Consultant, München
- 1990 - 1995 Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (WU Wien), Augsburg University, Business Administration