The focus of Bernd Brockmeier as Senior Advisor is on Automotive (OEM, suppliers, retail, after sales and Independent After Market) and Mobility (products and services). He enables companies to build and develop sustainable business models through innovation. Jointly with his clients’ people, he drives the transformation and orchestrates cooperation between corporates and start-ups. He is a strong promoter of the customer-centric approach and knows how to leverage the potential of brands.
Starting his career in the BMW Group, Bernd Brockmeier has learned and implemented international go-to-market strategies. In Corporate Planning, he contributed to the strategic reorientation of the BMW Group in 2000 (divesting from Rover and focussing on BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce). He headed global sales and marketing of the performance and bespoke section – the BMW M GmbH – and than was responsible for sales, marketing and after sales of the MINI brand in Germany. Starting Brockmeier Business Development, he explored pathes towards profitable growth for SMEs – through restructuring, brand positioning and programmes for customer acquisition and retention. Cooperating with an E-Commerce-Consultancy, he implemented multi-channel-strategies. Bernd Brockmeier was Co-Founder of an incubator and helped build-up bikesale.de, a leading online platform for high-value used bikes.
He also gained experience in the Independent Automotive After Market (IAM) – serving as a managing director of a German Top5-parts wholesaler. There he drove the post-merger-integration of two acquired companies, reoriented the online sales activities and developed a brand strategy for the augmented brand portfolio within the group.
Lately Bernd Brockmeier sharpened one of his specific strengthes – empathy for customers and people inside the own organization – through learning and applying the design-thinking-methodology (at the HPI Design School) as well as an behavioural approach to innovation management.
Vita Dr. Bernd Brockmeier
- since 2019 enable2grow GmbH, Senior Advisor
- 2016 - 2018 Hess Group, Cologne (Auto Parts Wholesaler), Managing Director
- 2015- 2016 Mühlenhoff & Partner Management Consulting, Business Coach
- 2013 Venture Basecamp, Co-Founder of Incubator and startup of bikesale.de
- 2010 - 2015 Brockmeier Business Development, Independent Business Consultant
- 2008 - 2009 MINI Germany, Head of sales, marketing and aftersales
- 2002 - 2008 BMW M GmbH, global head of sales
- 1985 - 1991 Studies of Business Administration (Dipl.-Kfm. at University of Cologne) Master of International Management: HEC, Paris; ESADE, Barcelone