Dr. Bernd Brockmeier – The Growth Driver in Automotive and Mobility
As a Senior Advisor, Bernd Brockmeier focuses on Automotive (OEM, suppliers, retail, after sales and Independent After Market) and Mobility (products and services). He enables companies to build and develop sustainable business models through innovation. Additionally, he leverages the brand potentials through customer-centricity.
Having started his career at BMW Group, Bernd learned to implement international go-to-market strategies. In Corporate Planning, he contributed to the strategic reorientation of the BMW Group in 2000 (divesting from Rover and focusing on BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce). He later headed global sales and marketing of the performance and bespoke section – the BMW M GmbH – and was responsible for sales, marketing and after sales of MINI in Germany.
As an independent business developer, he has explored paths towards profitable growth for SMEs – through restructuring, brand repositioning and programs for customer acquisition and retention. He has also implemented multi-channel-strategies in cooperation with an E-Commerce-Consultancy, co-founded an incubator and helped build-up a leading online platform for high value used bikes.
Bernd has also served in the Independent Automotive After Market (IAM) as a managing director of a Top 5 German Automotive parts wholesaler. There he drove the post-merger-integration of two acquired companies, reoriented the online sales activities and developed the brand portfolio within the group. As an Operating Partner for Private Equity, he implements growth strategies within portfolio companies. Lately, Bernd has sharpened one of his strengths “empathy for customers “by acquiring design-thinking-competencies at HPI Design School and INSEAD.
Consulting Focus: recognizing opportunities in the market; rethinking positioning; anchoring innovation
Vita Dr. Bernd Brockmeier
- since 2019 enable2grow, Senior Advisor for Automotive and Mobility
- since 2019 Operating Partner Private Equity: carve-outs and growth projects
- 2016 – 2018 Hess Group, Cologne (Auto Parts Wholesaler), Managing Director
- 2015 – 2016 Mühlenhoff & Partner Management Consulting, Business Coach
- 2013 Venture Basecamp, Co-Founder of Incubator and startup of bikesale.de
- 2010 – 2015 Brockmeier Business Development, Independent Business Consultant
- 2008 – 2009 MINI Germany, Head of sales, marketing and aftersales
- 2002 – 2008 BMW M GmbH, global head of sales
- 1992 – 2002 BMW AG, Business Development overseas and corporate planning
- 1985 – 1991 Studies of Business Administration (Dipl.-Kfm. at University of Cologne) MiM: HEC, Paris; ESADE, Barcelona